Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP SimplePass and Windows 8.1

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OlympicsFan

OlympicsFan

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

Hi,

I have a new HP ENVY-Touchsmart 17t-j100 QUAD Edition that came with Windows 8.1 and I’m not sure if this is the correct place to post this question but since this website has always been so helpful, can someone assist with HP SimplePass at startup?  The laptop came with SimplePass version:  8.00.49

I have an older version of HP SimplePass on another laptop and it was easy to set up and works great; however, on the new laptop I cannot get it to work at startup when logging into the computer.  Additionally, the new version does not give the screen with the hands to identify and scan multiple fingers.  The new version of SimplePass asks for you to rescan your finger for everything (like switching between tabs/pages within the program when it is already open) to the point I want to destroy it!  Is this just a glitch with Windows 8.1 or is there a fix/workaround to assist with this?

Since the computer came with this software I don't have a physical way that I can see to uninstall and reinstall the program.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ScottoD

ScottoD

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:57 PM

I have it also.  Make sure you have the latest version..  It works fine for me at sign in, but it doesnt work with Chrome only IE.  THough I can see the button in chrome and the extension.  Also Envy with 8.1

Probably can some help on HP forums

#3 OlympicsFan

OlympicsFan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:31 PM

Thanks!  Yeah, I'll probably have to go to the HP Forum.  Besides using the "download updates" feature within SimplePass is there another way to know what the latest version is?

#4 ScottoD

ScottoD

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

Thanks!  Yeah, I'll probably have to go to the HP Forum.  Besides using the "download updates" feature within SimplePass is there another way to know what the latest version is?

Think it ends with 172

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users