Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CQ60-615DX Laptop Black Screen with White Underscore Upper Left

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dawn14320

Dawn14320

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:34 PM

Windows 7

Please note that the battery is bad and doesn't charge (possible answer to my question)

First off, I have a fan pad connected to the usb that when I plug the power cord in, it usually starts running. It did not. When I push the power button, the fan inside my computer started up, I got a black screen with a solid underscore in the upper left corner. NOT blinking (I see most of the problems specifically say blinking). So I hold down the power button until it goes off, and try again.... same result. So I unplug the power cord and turn my laptop over, take out the battery for a few seconds and put it back on. I turned it back over opened it up, unhooked the usb mouse and fan, plugged in the power cord and then when I plugged the fan back up to the usb it came on (like it use to). So I power it up and guess what... it works! Why did this fix it? 

Notes: My laptop did fall about a week ago, and I had a usb mouse connected on the left side that stuck out and it broke and I haven't been able to plug anything in to that usb or my laptop shuts off. Even with that it still has been working fine. I am just curious to know if the reason that taking the battery off and putting in back on worked is because the battery is bad? 

Thank You

Edited by hamluis, 30 December 2013 - 09:00 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users