Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell win8 recovery/restore partition

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 des47

des47

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:20 PM

To All

Had to "Factory Refresh" a few day old Dell XPS 8700 (my error) took a long time to get to 95%, then an error window popped up asking for a CMD.EXE disk to be inserted in D: drive, didn't have a disk but tried to click on "retry" but mouse and keyboard were dead...Refresh got to 98% then sat for about an hour then finished, over all it took about 4 hours for a simple refresh. Is it possible that there is a error in this recovery partition from the factory? Have never had something like this happen recovering other system. Have contacted Dell but they are still thinking!!   Any Ideas?

Thanks

des47

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acerts04

acerts04

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:29 PM

From what i read you were able to restore? If everything is ok now it should be fine, but just in case i would manually make some recovery discs for your system so that if you needed to restore ever again, you will always have those to use instead of your recovery partition. The recovery partition can very easily become corrupted, having those created discs will make sure you always have a path back to the factory state

"In real life, the hardest aspect of the battle between good and evil is determining which is which."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users