Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crashes during video streams

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Leandros

Leandros

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:47 PM

Hello,
my computer keeps occasionally crashing when I watch videos on youtube or a twitch stream. The screen freezes and about the last half second of sound is endlessly looped. This problem has occured with Firefox and Opera. I have the newest Adobe flash player installed. Someone told me to disable the flash player hardware acceleration but my computer crashes anyways. What can I do to stop this?

Edited by Leandros, 29 December 2013 - 03:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leandros

Leandros
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:08 PM

Is this the wrong forum for this problem?

#3 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:47 PM

No but these kind of problems are difficult to diagnose. It's happening on two services on two browsers. I'm not familiar with Twitch TV and I don't use Firefox or Opera. I doubt Flash is the problem because you say it is happening on multiple platforms. A better description might help.

#4 Leandros

Leandros
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

I don't know what to say. It started on Youtube in Firefox. Someone suggested it was a problem with the newest versions of Firefox and Adobe Flash clashing somehow, so I switched to Opera. It was fine for a couple of weeks but then my computer crashed again while I was watching a Video on Youtube. So I went back to Firefox after one crash in Opera. It happened once when I watched a Twitch Stream for several hours. All the other times it happend on Youtube. Sometimes a crash happens after 3 minutes of the first video I watch, sometimes there isn't a crash for hours. (Though now I don't really watch much on Youtube anymore because of this.)

The sound goes first. There's a sound glitch, then everything seems fine again for a second, then the sound goes bad permanently and the screen freezes including the cursor. Nothing works anymore and I have to manually reset the computer.

Of course there a other services than Youtube that use flash. Should I watch a few hours of videos there and see if it crashes too?

Edited by Leandros, 04 January 2014 - 03:23 PM.

#5 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:22 PM

I would suspect faulty drivers. Try updating your sound card drivers and your video card drivers and post back the results after please.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:42 PM

I don't know what to say. It started on Youtube in Firefox. Someone suggested it was a problem with the newest versions of Firefox and Adobe Flash clashing somehow, so I switched to Opera. It was fine for a couple of weeks but then my computer crashed again while I was watching a Video on Youtube. So I went back to Firefox after one crash in Opera. It happened once when I watched a Twitch Stream for several hours. All the other times it happend on Youtube. Sometimes a crash happens after 3 minutes of the first video I watch, sometimes there isn't a crash for hours. (Though now I don't really watch much on Youtube anymore because of this.)

The sound goes first. There's a sound glitch, then everything seems fine again for a second, then the sound goes bad permanently and the screen freezes including the cursor. Nothing works anymore and I have to manually reset the computer.

Of course there a other services than Youtube that use flash. Should I watch a few hours of videos there and see if it crashes too?

You might want to try another viral video site like Daily Motion http://www.dailymotion.com/ Flash doesn't usually cause these kind of crashes. So it could be corrupt drivers. It's worth a shot.

#7 Leandros

Leandros
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:08 PM

After it was suggested, I updated my audio drivers. (I had updated my video drivers just a couple days before.) Then I watched hours of videos on youtube. No crashes. Everything was fine for next few weeks. A week ago my computer crashed again when I watched a video on youtube and again today. There are no new verions of drivers I could install. What should I do?

#8 Leandros

Leandros
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:23 PM

I don't know much about computers. Could the drivers have been corrupted again? Is there anything I can do?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users