Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD during Win7 install, HDD not recognized!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 brandontech4294

brandontech4294

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:55 AM

I was trying to do a fresh install of Windows 7 when I unfortunately ran into a bsod during the installation process.
BSOD: 0x0000007a

This bsod is apparently due to a bad sector in the hdd or possibly a broken/damaged hdd according to the searches online. The main problem is that after the computer bsod'd the computer stopped recognizing the hdd because I went into bios and checked the standard cmos features and it listed the primary master drive as NONE. I have reset my bios and reseated everything but for some reason the computer won't recognize the hdd anymore and unfortunately this computer is fairly old and it was just built from salvaged parts so it doesn't really have any proper cd's or anything.

Just the same,another computer I'm working on is also doing the same thing *I presume from exactly the same reason* so in both cases, the computers are not recognizing their hdd at all. The hdd are spinning I believe, but no matter what I do, the computers refuse to recognize them as even existing. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:40 AM

Hi

Please try replacing the SATA data cable and also reset the power connector. This will solve any potential loos connection issues which may cause the hard drive to not detect.

sata.gif 

If the issue remains, you have nothing other to do than replacing the faulty drive.

#3 brandontech4294

brandontech4294
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:58 AM

This computer is very old, it actually doesn't have SATA ports, it uses ATA Ultra data cables, which unfortunately I don't have any spare ones.

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:40 AM

Hi

I assume the drive is an IDE (PATA) one which uses 80 pin flat cable. If the CD/DVD drive is the same, please try the cable connected to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users