Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A good entry level networking book?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rapidprogram

rapidprogram

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:28 PM

well I just finished my comptia a+ cer and now I'm planing on taking the networking+ or maybe cnna :) do you guys recomned any good book/website/video for me to learn from?

I've finished bucky's and the eli the computer guy playlist...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:31 AM

Congrats on the A+. Look for Professor Messer either his site or on youtube for free videos that are very good. As for books, I always liked the Exam Cram series but Mike Meyers books are very good from what I understand. Good luck

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:00 PM

Cisco.commas a lot of good networking information freely available at their site. Red hat also has a lot of good information also, regarding networking.

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:05 PM

I too am a fan of the Exam Cram series.  You can pick up MCSE Networking Essentials Exam Cram Adaptive Testing Edition: Exam: 70-058 for dirt cheap because the exam no longer exists.  That doesn't mean that the information is useless.  I think that Networking Essentials is the best Microsoft Exam that I've taken.  Networking Essentials: Exam 70-058 (Accelerated Mcse Study Guides) is the book that I used to study for my Networking Essentials exam.

Unfortunately a lot of the information that you are going to learn for your Network+ exam isn't going to be used, directly any way, in the real world.  The OSI Model is the thing that comes immediately to mind.  A good technician will use the OSI model, but may not be able to tell you the seven layers in order.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users