Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

advise on software or code for master time adding widget of some kind

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dulcisvolintarious

Dulcisvolintarious

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:54 PM

hello there awesome people! i am doing instant replay for an organization and require to... cheat abit haha its an MMA fight league, and its allot of fun. anyway allow me to explain my conundrum.  we use an old device that uses the master time which is measured by XX:XX:XX:XX with the max number being 6, which then rounds a 1 to the nest number and then goes down to zero. i have to get the current time like 00:23:44:15 and add it to the master time code to get to the spot i have to replay, i was trying to mess with coding to no success, and would like to see if anyone has any advice on the matter, as it is a somewhat unique one, anything to help in this might look like this:

00:00:00:00
+00:00:00:00
=00:00:00:00

with the max number digit being changed to 6 instead of 9

this way i can reduce the time it takes to do instant replay by almost half if not more, because i wouldnt require to do the math on paper or in my head.

any suggestions or links to help with this would be greatly appreciated, thank you!! :D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 goldfist

goldfist

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:44 PM

Fastest method if your not a programmer is Excel Spreadsheet where you plug in a number and it outputs the result you need. If you dont own a licensed copy of MS Office to have Excel you can download Open Office or Libre Office and use the open source free CALC spreadsheet. If you have worked with Lotus 123 or Excel, then you could easily create this in Excel or CALC.

This is very simple to achieve if you know how to program to make a console app. This could be created in less than 10 minutes with C++ or Perl etc as a command shell console app which is basically a DOS Shell Window requesting input time and then it spits out an output time. With DOS Shell window with black background and white text. Not fancy, but fast and would work.

Making a Windows Application that does this would require more work, but can be done in a number of different languages and my favorite for Windows Apps is Visual C# programming.

Edited by goldfist, 09 January 2014 - 06:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users