Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Video Card Causes System Lock Up

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 marinevetoif

marinevetoif

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 07 May 2006 - 04:25 AM

Hi, I would like to start out with my problem. I have a HP pavillion a747c computer with an integrated grapics media accelerator. I recently puchased a Evga geforce 6800xt pci-e card. At first things were ok. I was having a little bit of problems with it resuming from hibernation, but not that big. Now the computer wont even boot up. It boots to the windows loading screen but then turns black with a cursor that changes into an hourglass, and thats where it stops. I messed with the whole drivers thing downloading everything I could for the computer, monitor, and graphics card, but that hasn't worked. I disabled the onboard video in the device manager and in the bios, but that didnt help either. I have removed and tried just about everything. I'm a little new to all this stuff, but I am eager to learn. Please could someone help me get my video card to work. my system specs are as follows....pentium 4 htp, 512 mb ddr sdram, and 160 gb hd. This system is stock with the exception of the video card. It is not in my machine right now. please help. My computer is set up for pci express.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users