Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GPU install

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bat2013

bat2013

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:28 AM

Hi,

I bought a Asus Nvidia Geforce GT 610 Gpu and i am running a Lenovo Motherboard.

I tried to install it but i get no output. I tried setting my BIOS to boot PCE first and disabled the internal graphics from the device manager but i still get no output.

Even if i connect it back to the motherboard VGA when the GPU is installed i get nothing until i remove the GPU from the motherboard.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

*Edit, Heres the mannual. http://www.lenovo.com/shop/americas/content/user_guides/h520s_ug_en.pdf

Edited by bat2013, 28 December 2013 - 08:45 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 goldfist

goldfist

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

So no display at boot with card installed both seen from the video card as well as from integrated. I would assume that the power supply for this computer can not handle the load of this video card and so it is not booting properly as a result of. I'd install a 650 watt power supply if the computer case can take such an upgrade due to dimension conflict of power supply size in relation to the case, and then I feel your problem would be solved.

Sometimes you have to either modify the case to accept a universal power supply or move the guts to a new universal tower that is not in conflict of dimensional relations between power supply and the computer case.

I havent had to upgrade a Lenovo yet, but I had to on a Compaq Presario and I ended up having to drill out universal mounting holes to install a larger wattage power supply which while it fit, HP/Compaq decided to have their own unique 4 mounting screw arrangement and I had to make a stencil of the universal supply and then remove the motherboard and drill 3 of the 4 holes that were missing to make it universal, and then blow out the metal filings and then reinstall the motherboard. Then all was well. Most people take the easier route of installing the guts into a new case, but I like to save money and am good to alterations and fabrications ( mods ). Since then this 2004 case has also been upgraded to universal wiring connections for the PWR SW, RST SW, HD LED, PWR LED etc so its now running a modern quadcore in a Biostar motherboard in this case that use to house a Athlon XP 2800+. Looking at this computer it looks like an old 2004 Compaq, but its guts are modern. Currently working on making an IBM 5150 which use to be an 8088XT look all orginal but modern guts inside. That is lots of metal work and electrical work well beyond what many would take on.

Edited by goldfist, 28 December 2013 - 07:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users