Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems installing and uninstalling programs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 black_lilies

black_lilies

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:29 AM

Hi!

I've been having problems with my laptop since I removed malware from it, with the help from a forum expert. I really have no idea what happened, everything was fine until I uninstalled the programs I used for malware removal (and after that I installed some other programs). First, I couldn't shut down the computer. It looked like it was shutting down, the screen went black as usually but the fans didn't stop working, so I had to shut it down by pressing the shut-down key.

When I tried to turn it on the next day, there was only a blue screen with an error saying: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. Then I realized, when I unplug the computer and turn it on, there's no error message and I can get to my desktop. But now, when I turn it on, after about 2 minutes the keyboard stops working, and after about 15 minutes the mouse won't work too. So again, I have to shut it down by pressing the key, and unplug it before turning it on again.

A first few times when I turned it on, I tried restoring the system, and after I did that, everything worked fine, and it shut down normally. But, I have to use system restore every time I turn the computer on. Now, last time I turned on the computer, there were no restore points, so I don't know what to do anymore.

And, aside from all that, I also have problems installing and uninstalling some programs and updates. After I uninstalled all the software I used for malware removal, some of my programs weren't functional. When I was uninstalling Combofix, it prompted me to turn off my virus protection, which I didn't do. I don't know, could it be because of that?

Here is a link to my topic for malware removal, if you need it: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?69504-Self-replicating-folders. And I'm using Windows 7. If you need any more informations, please ask. And thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 black_lilies

black_lilies
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:05 AM

Hi again!

Sorry for bothering you, I think I solved the problem myself. I uninstalled some programs and disabled some programs from opening on startup. I don't know what caused the problems, but everything is fine now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users