I just bought a couple of parts to build my own file server (and testing server), but I have a problem that I do not get any video signal.
What I got
- Motherboard: ASRock B85M Pro 4
- Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz
- Kingston HyperX Blu 4096MB DDR3 PC-12800 1600MHz
- BitFenix Phenom Micro-ATX
- FSP Group PowerSupply (PSU) FSP400-60APN 400W (Bulk)
- OCZ 60GB SSD (don't remember the model, got it from my old computer)
I put it all together, tried to boot it up and it starts. Connected my screen using HDMI from the motherboard. No beeps, the computer starts and keeps running, but I can't see anything on the screen.
What I've tried:
- Removed the SSD
- Changed the PSU to the 750W Corsair PSU from my gaming computer
- Reset CMOS
- Reseated RAM
- Put the RAM into incorrect slot to make sure it beeps, it did (4 short ones) (ASRock was cheap enough to not include the speaker so I had to take it from my gaming computer)
- Changed the HDMI cable to another one
None of this helped. Any idea what can be wrong? I suspect either the motherboard or CPU was dead on arrival and I'm gonna talk to the store, but I think I might need to know what to return. Is there anything I can check before returning it to the store?
According to ASRock, the i3 is supported since firmware version P1.20. According to the sticker on the board I got version P1.50
Edited by vigge_sWe, 27 December 2013 - 06:25 PM.