Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems, Services/Processes Running

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 atr3dhead

atr3dhead

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:38 PM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518546/svchostexe-multiple-unsecapp-com-surrogate/ - Hamluis.

Attached File  Snip.PNG   53.43KB   0 downloads

I am having the same issue, with so many files running.  I took the screenshot you advised the original poster to supply.  I am somewhat new to Windows 7 (for a semi-geek, I seem to be resistant to operating system upgrades :P) and so am not familiar with what should or should not be running as processes, etcetera yet.  I too am somewhat concerned by the many instances of netsvcs but most especially the one that says "secsvcs".  Whenever I hit a wall on usage, that one seems to be popping in and out a lot.  This screen shot was taken after I had killed everything except this webpage.  Is that a normal service?  It disappears and comes back constantly apparently.  Any advice would be appreciated.

The issue is that my cpu usage is hitting at 100 percent way too often, when it should never even come close. Every time it does, I see that secsvcs process running, then disappearing, then running again, and I can't seem to pinpoint what it is for.

Edited by atr3dhead, 27 December 2013 - 06:23 PM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users