Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Keyboard issue.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 VerbalVerbosity

VerbalVerbosity

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:27 PM

Hey everyone,

Before I explain my problem I just want to point out that whilst reasonably computer savvy (for an average woman) if you get too technical, my brain just might melt!

I purchased my son a Zoostorm PC for Christmas and it came with a mouse and keyboard (both USB). The mouse works just fine but the keyboard won't work at all. It will work during boot, to enter the bios etc but as soon as Windows loads, it won't function at all although the lights remain lit. I tried the PS/2 keyboard from my own system but that also wouldn't work initially but after changing a setting in the bios, I got that to work. The idea was that he would have mine and I would have the one that didn't work with his PC but I can't get it to function on mine either. His new PC is running windows 8 and mine Windows 7.

I could be wrong but I don't feel that the keyboard is borked due to it working during boot but obviously, I could be wrong.

I'd appreciate any help you could give me and understand that you may need more information. I wasn't sure what info you would need though. I'll be happy to give whatever details necessary. 

Thanks in advance 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:37 PM

First off - welcome to BC !

Second

whilst reasonably computer savvy (for an average woman)

This is a negatively sexist remark. What has your gender got to do with your technical knowledge ?

Third - the keyboard is probably faulty. I would suggest that you try it on a third computer and if it still doesn't work on that one, take it back to the supplier for replacement. Keyboards are pretty cheap devices and not always built to the highest possible standards.

Finally - Happy New Year when it comes.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users