Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot screen hang up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Spaceballs474

Spaceballs474

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:16 AM

Hello all.
Usually, my computer can't get past the boot screen; occasionally I'm able to get to the desktop outside of safe mode, but before it fully loads it has an unusual freeze- the task bar stays the normal color instead of greying, cntrl+alt+del doesn't do anything and task manager doesn't come up, and I can move the mouse(nothing responds to clicking though)

The few times the bsod shows up, the stop code is 0x00000051

Now just before this happened, malware bytes broke down every time I tried to perform a scan, so I thought it was a virus and had it run chameleon before full scanning with malware bytes and kaspersky- nothing got caught aside from the usual open candy garbage.

I've performed startup repair many times, each time there's apparently nothing wrong, last known good configuration brings up the bsod, and my system restore points have disappeared.

I have no idea how to proceed from here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 681 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:00 AM

You might want to consider reinstalling the Operating System. (Backup your stuff first of course).

#3 Spaceballs474

Spaceballs474
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:35 PM

I don't have a disc, the os came with the computer.

Is that the only option?

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:09 PM

I would suggest performing a Repair Installation.  This will not effect your data.

Window Vista Forums has instructions for performing a Repair Installation, this includes a download for a ISO image which you can create a Vista DVD.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users