Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I uninstall iYogi Support Dock 4.3?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LadyLoriKay

LadyLoriKay

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:09 AM

I am working on a friend's computer.  He went to iYogi and allowed them to install their software package so they could remotely access his computer and 'fix' all his problems.  Of course, that didn't happen, so I am trying to uninstall everything they installed.  I have been successful with this project except for the "iYogi Support Dock 4.3" which was installed in 2010.

I have gone into the Add or Remove Programs window and attempted to remove it, but the program cannot be removed.  There are .dll files that is says I do not have permissions for.

How do I get these permissions?  How do I proceed?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 681 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:57 AM

Try Revo Uninstaller (Freeware version).

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,762 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:05 AM

With some programs it's easier to uninstall after booting into safe mode which is designed to start Windows with minimal drivers and running processes to diagnose problems with your computer. In safe mode many programs and their related services that normally start when Windows starts will not run. Since that is the case, it also means there are less processes which can interfere with uninstalling a program.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,762 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:10 AM

Then continue as follows.

Please download and use the following tools (in the order listed) which will search for and remove many potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), adware, toolbars, browser hijackers, extensions, add-ons and other junkware as well as related registry entries (values, keys) and remnants.

RKill created by Grinler (aka Lawrence Abrams), the site owner of BleepingComputer.
AdwCleaner created by Xplode.
Junkware Removal Tool created by thisisu.

1. Double-click on RKill to launch the tool. A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.

Important: Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.

2. Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
  • After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.
  • Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
  • Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
  • After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
-- Note: The contents of the AdwCleaner log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you recognize and know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, return to AdwCleaner before cleaning...all detected items will be listed (and checked) in each tab. Click on each one and uncheck any items you want to keep (except you cannot uncheck Chrome and Firefox preferences lines).

Close all open programs and shut down any protection/security software to avoid potential conflicts.

3. Double-click on JRT.exe to run the tool.
Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log file named JRT.txt will automatically open and be saved to your Desktop.
  • Copy and paste the contents of JRT.txt in your next reply.
4. As a final step, download and scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

#5 LadyLoriKay

LadyLoriKay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

Dear Bleepin' Janitor:

I did the things you recommended, including downloading Malwarebytes.  I also installed Microsoft Security Essentials on his computer and composed a report for him with suggestions on how to avoid problems going forward.

Thank you very much for your assistance!

My faith in BleepingComputer.com has again be bolstered.

The .txt files you requested will be posted shortly after MBAM does it's job.  It is presently doing a full scan. 

Have a good day, and a Happy New Year!

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,762 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:27 PM

Have a good day, and a Happy New Year!

Same to you.

#7 LadyLoriKay

LadyLoriKay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:35 PM

However, comma, even though the computer is now running faster and more efficiently, iYogi Support Dock is still installed.  I can't scrub that thing off!  I have tried going to to Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and uninstalling it, but IT WON'T UNINSTALL.  It says I do not have permission to do that.  There is no administrative password for this computer, so that's not the issue.  How do I get that piece of !%^& off of there? Any suggestions?

Here are the .txt files from the cleaning ...

# AdwCleaner v3.016 - Report created 27/12/2013 at 15:24:44
# Updated 23/12/2013 by Xplode
# Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (32 bits)
# Username : Administrator - OWNER-0580D8A20
# Running from : C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\S23EVNQN\AdwCleaner[1].exe
# Option : Clean

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Files / Folders ] *****

[!] Folder Deleted : C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\angobeimajilfhlcpeiccndaifchnppl
[!] Folder Deleted : C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\angobeimajilfhlcpeiccndaifchnppl

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Google\Chrome\Extensions\angobeimajilfhlcpeiccndaifchnppl
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{6F6A5334-78E9-4D9B-8182-8B41EA8C39EF}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{CC99A798-FD3D-4AB4-969E-6071612524F9}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{6F6A5334-78E9-4D9B-8182-8B41EA8C39EF}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{D3D233D5-9F6D-436C-B6C7-E63F77503B30}
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{D7E97865-918F-41E4-9CD0-25AB1C574CE8}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{D3D233D5-9F6D-436C-B6C7-E63F77503B30}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{D7E97865-918F-41E4-9CD0-25AB1C574CE8}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88}
Value Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser [{D7E97865-918F-41E4-9CD0-25AB1C574CE8}]
Value Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\URLSearchHooks [{D3D233D5-9F6D-436C-B6C7-E63F77503B30}]
Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\CToolbar
Key Deleted : HKLM\Software\CToolbar
Key Deleted : HKLM\Software\InstallIQ

***** [ Browsers ] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v8.0.6001.18702

Setting Restored : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main [Search Bar]
Setting Restored : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main [Search Bar]

-\\ Google Chrome v

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Thisisu
Version: 6.0.8 (11.05.2013:1)
Ran by Administrator on Fri 12/27/2013 at 15:46:14.40

~~~ Services

~~~ Registry Values

~~~ Registry Keys

~~~ Files

~~~ Folders

Scan was completed on Fri 12/27/2013 at 15:50:12.85
End of JRT log

Rkill 2.6.4 by Lawrence Abrams (Grinler)
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/
Copyright 2008-2013 BleepingComputer.com
More Information about Rkill can be found at this link:
 http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic308364.html

Program started at: 12/27/2013 03:07:54 PM in x86 mode.
Windows Version: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3

Checking for Windows services to stop:

* No malware services found to stop.

Checking for processes to terminate:

* No malware processes found to kill.

Checking Registry for malware related settings:

* No issues found in the Registry.

Resetting .EXE, .COM, & .BAT associations in the Windows Registry.

Performing miscellaneous checks:

* No issues found.

Checking Windows Service Integrity:

* No issues found.

Searching for Missing Digital Signatures:

* No issues found.

Checking HOSTS File:

* HOSTS file entries found:

127.0.0.1       localhost

Program finished at: 12/27/2013 03:09:22 PM
Execution time: 0 hours(s), 1 minute(s), and 28 seconds(s)

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,762 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:00 AM

... iYogi Support Dock is still installed.  I can't scrub that thing off!  I have tried going to to Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and uninstalling it, but IT WON'T UNINSTALL.

Try using a third-party utility like Revo Uninstaller Free or Portable which provides a listing of all installed software by installation date and when removing a program, Revo does a more comprehensive job of searching for and removing related registry entries, files and folders.

How to use Revo Uninstaller

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users