Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

partition can be made on the pre-installed os on laptop or not

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ronakraj

ronakraj

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:15 AM

Please help me out i have hp pavilion n012tx laptop with preinstalled win 8. It has only one partition of 900gb on which os is installed. I wanted to create the partiotion of the disk but i was told by the cust. care that if i create the partition, the recovery partition of the windows will corrupt and auto recovery will not work. So can anyone tell me is there any way to create partition without corrupting recovery drive. Please help as you can 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 674 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:01 AM

Why do you need another partition?

#3 ronakraj

ronakraj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:44 AM

i want seperate partition for the movies, songs and os files. Also if i format all my data will be wiped out after formating after partitioning imp datas will be safe

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:50 AM

Hi

It is always a good idea to create a separate partition for data storage. If your laptop came with Windows 8 OEM version installed, the partition scheme will be GPT and it is very easy to create a new partition using Disk Management

What you need to do is just shrink the C drive and create a new partition using the free space.

http://www.liberiangeek.net/2012/11/shrink-resize-partitions-in-windows-8/

If you are unfamiliar with this operation, i highly recommended to create and keep the system recovery disc set before partitioning as an insurance.

#5 ronakraj

ronakraj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:11 PM

Hi

It is always a good idea to create a separate partition for data storage. If your laptop came with Windows 8 OEM version installed, the partition scheme will be GPT and it is very easy to create a new partition using Disk Management

What you need to do is just shrink the C drive and create a new partition using the free space.

http://www.liberiangeek.net/2012/11/shrink-resize-partitions-in-windows-8/

If you are unfamiliar with this operation, i highly recommended to create and keep the system recovery disc set before partitioning as an insurance.

but when i told about this to hp care and asked that this will help me out or not. They told me that this will corrupt the recovery partition and if the recovery disc corrups in future i may lose the original os.

#6 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:17 PM

Hi

I never ended up corrupting the recovery partition by just shrinking the C drive. But as i said earlier, simply create and keep the recovery DVD set before partitioning. Then you will be able to restore original OS even if the partition table corrupted.

#7 ronakraj

ronakraj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:17 AM

k... thanks for help i will try it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users