Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wipe Internal Hardware?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ercwinslowjns

ercwinslowjns

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

I was told from someone that if I go inside my tablet and disconnect the jumpers coming from the hardrive and then turn the computer on and then back off it would wipe the hardrive and password and was told this is the easiest way, do you know if there is any truth to this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 goldfist

goldfist

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:47 PM

What is the make/model of the tablet?  I am thinking you are getting confused with a factory reset also known as a Hard Reset vs a Hard Drive Reset. This forces the device to have a factory reset and so it would behave the same as the day you purchased it and it required configuration. Here is info if it is an Android OS tablet http://pocketpccentral.net/help/android/general/hard_reset_android.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users