Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error500:java.langNullPointerException

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jackiemarie

jackiemarie

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:05 PM

I'm getting this error in only one section of county clerk's  site; there are no problems accessing other portions/section of the clerk of court site.

I've checked Java via Control Panel; last update was 12.26.13 at 8 PM, The java site verifies and says it's up-to-date and working properly.  Programs and Features says I have 1) Java 7 Update 45 and 2) JavaFX 2.1.1 installed.  All of the plugins are enabled.

Is this something for me to pursue further or is it a problem of the website?  Same error comes up in both IE 11 and Chrome 31.0.1650.163 m.

Thanks for your help; I really need to access this part of the website tonight.

HP Pavilion g7 Notebook

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

MBAM Pro

avast! free antivirus

SAS Pro

EAM, MBAM Pro, MB Anti-Exploit 

HP g7-1310 - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit - Intel i3 - 6 GB Ram

What you value is your reward.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,758 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:35 AM

May help, courtesy of Google:  http://javaeesupportpatterns.blogspot.com/2012/01/javalangnullpointerexception-how-to.html .

Other Google Links On Error

Louis

#3 jackiemarie

jackiemarie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:53 PM

Thank you, hamluis.  I saw these same links on Google last night, but honestly  I couldn't act on them because it looked like developer stuff (I couldn't understand the instructions).

The clerk's office that I spoke with this morning said they didn't really understand it either, but I got at the info I needed through another source.

Thanks again for responding.

jackiemarie

#4 jackiemarie

jackiemarie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:00 PM

Since you're so knowledgeable, let me ask another question.

In the past few weeks, whenever I open a pdf document that's been saved to the hard drive, the doc will open up, but Adobe stops responding almost immediately.  The whole system has frozen a couple of times; if I don't touch another key and wait about 60 seconds or so, the "Adobe not responding" goes away from the blue title line at the top--sometimes the Adobe stuff on the right won't load for a couple of minutes.  

Are you aware of a problem with this?  I've never had any trouble with Adobe or pdf before.

Thanks.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,758 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:41 PM

Well...files may routinely become cross-linked or otherwise inappropriately linked to an .exe.  Running chkdsk /r command (possibly followed by defragging the Windows partition) would be what I would suggest/do.

Then again, if situation persists...I would uninstall/reinstall Adobe since the files may be damaged beyond the Windows tools ability to overcome the problem.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users