Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to connect to internet but can download Windows Updates

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cluelesswithcomputer

cluelesswithcomputer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:33 PM

We have 2 computers, 3 smartphones an Xbox and a Wii.  1 computer, 3 smartphones, the Xbox and the Wii all connect to the internet just fine.  Other computer cannot connect to the internet.  I can download Windows updates and I can access my work computer remotely using Remote Desktop Connection.  When I try to connect to the internet, I get the message, "This page can't be displayed." I then click the "Fix Connection Problem" button and it says, "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem."  The computer was infected recently with Malware which TdsKiller removed but the internet access on this computer has not been the same.  Initially it was very slow and then it would not connect and then when I tried again, it would.  Then I had to reset the router to get it to work.  Now resetting router does not work.I tried to install a new browser on the computer (i downloaded it on other computer and then saved it to a flashdrive) but when I tried to install it on the problem computer, it said I needed to connect to the internet to install.  Not sure how to fix.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 688 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:49 AM

I'd reinstall the Operating System.

Edited by SpywareDoc, 27 December 2013 - 05:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users