Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus Security Pro problems (can't boot into safe mode)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CarPanthers

CarPanthers

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

Hey there,

My computer has recently been attacked by the Antivirus Security Pro virus. I'm a little lost on how to recover my computer because I can't boot into safe mode. I was told to purchase antivirus software to remove the ASP virus and install it in safe mode, but I can't even reach safe mode. Please help if you can!

Thanks,

CarPanthers

Edited by hamluis, 26 December 2013 - 01:04 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am i Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 karan6786

karan6786

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:34 PM

Can't boot in Safe Mode with Networking? (Antivirus Security Pro Virus blocks Safe Mode with Networking)

If you have more than one user account in your operating system - please log-in to the clean account and download the recommended anti-spyware software, install it and run a full system scan, remove all the security infections it will detect, however if you have only one user account please follow this guide (this guide will show you how to create a new user account using safe mode with command prompt - using this newly created user account you will be able to remove Antivirus Security Pro virus).

If Antivirus Security Pro virus also blocks your operating system's Safe Mode with Networking follow these removal instructions:

1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with Command Prompt - During your computer starting process press F8 key on your keyboard multiple times until Windows Advanced Options menu shows up, then select Safe mode with command prompt from the list and press ENTER.

2. When command prompt mode loads enter the following line: net user removevirus /add and press ENTER.

3. Next enter this line: net localgroup administrators removevirus /add and press ENTER.

4. Finnaly enter this line: shutdown -r and press ENTER.

5. Wait for your computer to restart,  then boot your PC in Normal Mode and login to the newly created user account ("removevirus"). This account won't be affected by the infection and you will be able to download and install recommended anti-spyware software to eliminate this virus from your computer.

6. Download and install recommended anti-spyware software to eliminate this ransomware infection from your computer:

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,906 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

After that you can use this Automated Removal Instructions for Antivirus Security Pro
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users