Can't boot in Safe Mode with Networking? (Antivirus Security Pro Virus blocks Safe Mode with Networking)
If you have more than one user account in your operating system - please log-in to the clean account and download the recommended anti-spyware software, install it and run a full system scan, remove all the security infections it will detect, however if you have only one user account please follow this guide (this guide will show you how to create a new user account using safe mode with command prompt - using this newly created user account you will be able to remove Antivirus Security Pro virus).
If Antivirus Security Pro virus also blocks your operating system's Safe Mode with Networking follow these removal instructions:
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with Command Prompt - During your computer starting process press F8 key on your keyboard multiple times until Windows Advanced Options menu shows up, then select Safe mode with command prompt from the list and press ENTER.
2. When command prompt mode loads enter the following line: net user removevirus /add and press ENTER.
3. Next enter this line: net localgroup administrators removevirus /add and press ENTER.
4. Finnaly enter this line: shutdown -r and press ENTER.
5. Wait for your computer to restart, then boot your PC in Normal Mode and login to the newly created user account ("removevirus"). This account won't be affected by the infection and you will be able to download and install recommended anti-spyware software to eliminate this virus from your computer.
6. Download and install recommended anti-spyware software to eliminate this ransomware infection from your computer: