Use this method for the Check Disk R, instead of typing the word(s)
Run a Disk Check on your C: drive in Windows 7:
• Click Start and open Computer
• Right-click on C: (or your hard drive letter) and select Properties
• Click on the Tools tab
• Under Error-checking click the Check Now... button
• Mark the 2 boxes next to Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors
• Click on the Start button
• When the message box pops up, click the Schedule disk check button and Restart your computer
• Once your computer restarts it will check the drive, don't press any keys so that it is allowed to do so
This will take (on average) 1 to 2 hours depending on your system, so please let it finish.
DO NOT force a reboot once started a you will lose data and may damage the computer.
NOTE - If this is a Laptop please plug it into a reliable power source, as batteries may fail.
The computer will reboot to normal mode once it has completed all 5 stages -
To run sfc /scannow
Go - Start > Programs > Accessories > Find Command Prompt, and Right click on it > Select Run as administrator -
Now type sfc /scannow and press enter, also note the space between c and / as it must be there.
This program will need to run on average 3 or 4 times if any errors are found.
It will take (on average) 15 to 20 minutes to run the program.
Do Not perform anything else on the computer while this runs
Just My Versions of How to run these programs.
For SeaTools for DOS please take full notice of what dc3 tells you -
Thank You -