Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Something i gotta ask from Canadians...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Assassin_of_Red

Assassin_of_Red

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Location:My Aerial Garden of Vanity.Known as the Hanging Gardens of Babylonia.
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:48 AM

Ok,my aunt and her family has now settled in Canada and has now changed citizenship.

I REALLY really gotta ask..

Ok,currently im taking Medical Technology(my Pre-Med course) at a College here in the Phillipines.

But i already have the savings needed for Medicine School.

Ive got my sights set on being an Orthopedic Surgeon(Bone Surgeon,i think?)

My aunt also plans on petitioning me to be in Canada(so she can petition the rest of my family,then petition the rest,etc)

(ok i know that when i get there,ill have to study extra again,yadda yadda,etc,im willing to)

But i gotta ask....

Will it be worth it if i practice Bone Medicine there? :o

Just curious.

(Or,if other _fields_ are recomended more,well,yeah,curious too.)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

medicine is a lucrative field the world over, especially for talented surgeons.... follow your heart.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:28 PM

Ok, so I am not Candian but I do want to respond to your post.

Right now you want to be an orthopedic surgeon. However, when you get into medical school and internship, you might find another field you like better. Don't obsess to much over what you want to do. Wait until you actually get some hands on experience in all specialties. I have a friend who went to medical school fully intending to go into psychiatry. That did not happen. Instead he has been delivering babies for almost 35 years and has no regrets about not being the psychiatrist he always wanted to be.  

It isn't about what is recommended. It's about what you feel is right for you after you experience a bit of all of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users