Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

(Need Help Removing Virus!)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ChaoticallyDivine

ChaoticallyDivine

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:09 AM

Hi!

Recently, I was looking through my computer trying to find unwanted files and I found a file in users named as my first name which had 2 suspicious files, aside with the real users file (The file includes Desktop, Downloads, Favourites, My Documents, My Pictures, My Videos and so on) with with my first and last name and Public.  Contained in this suspicious file had HRUPPROG.DIE.NOW file and a HRUPPROG.TXT file, I haven't tried deleting or double clicking the files because I am scared if it may damage my computer.

I am using Avast!, Malwarebyte and I don't think but might be using Microsoft Security Essentials but I cannot find it in my control panel. I am going to go through another scan with Avast and Malwarebyte and will update and edit this post if they have found anything wrong.

It has just stayed there and hasn't done anything to my computer in any way, but I searched online and found it was a virus. Please Help, Thanks!

Mod Edit:  PM sent OP re move to AII - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 26 December 2013 - 06:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:33 AM

Hello -

This topic has been covered and was found to be an infection that needs special attention.

As you are badly infected, please follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide starting at Step #6.

NOTE : If you are unable to complete any step, please still post the topic and leave a full description of your problems

When you have done that, start a new topic and post the required logs to >>  Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team Experts only.

Please Use Copy / Paste for your responses, and Do Not Attach them unless your helper requests this.

If Help Bot responds to your topic, please follow his Step #1 so the team will be notified.

After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can closed this one.

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users