About two years ago I began planning a master build (I have 0 under my belt)- I spent an arm and a leg (according to what I think is an arm and a leg) on just the video card (I think they were 2 GTX580s) and on two, at that time new to the market, SSDs.
After getting about $1.3k in parts without even a MOBO/processor or even memory I abandoned the project due to expense and sold some of the parts to recoop some costs.
After cleaning my closet, I found some left over parts and was hoping someone can advise on a rig for daily and gaming use (I love the assassins creed gaming line from a few years back and have played skyrim and can see myself getting back into that).
Budget wise I am budget conscious as I'm back in school for an MBA and bills will be racking up while I'm not working full-time. I am hoping to get a descent machine ~$500 (dollars). Here's the little bit that I have thus far:
1. Crucial 256GB SATA SSD 6Gb/s (trying to boot from here)
2. BUFFALO MiniStation Stealth 1TB Portable HDD External Hard drive (storing all data here)
3. (2) 1 blu-ray, and 1 non blu-ray disk driver
4. (2) Nvidia GT545DE OEM 1 gig each x 2 = 2 gig total http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-545-oem-gddr5 (use as "SLI"?)
Here's what I'm hoping you gurus may be able to advise me on (which are the most important parts):
3. Case (space is not a constraint but would prefer something not "massive")
5. Cooling (not sure how to set this up)
6. Power (based on vid card: Maximum graphics card power = 105W)
7. Anything else I may need to order (this is my first build- I won't need a monitor as I plan to hook this to a 50'' plasma)
Thanks a bunch for the input guys, and please note I'll be reviewing your input very thoroughly as I desperately need a new computer (using an age old netbook at the moment) and this will be VERYYY helpful and value added. Thanks again!!
Edited by Dj Tantra, 25 December 2013 - 09:12 PM.