Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ComboFix Freeze After System Reboot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Auto99

Auto99

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:14 PM

hi all.

i am having a windows xp sp3 professional, and it started to crash daily even without running any program, i ran anti-malwarebytes and it returned no malware, so i ran Avast a full scan on computer, and it also didnt found anything, so i ran now combofix and it got a system infection, and it told me that it needs to restart my system, so it rebooted the PC, and i got the log-in i entered the password, and then combofix window came up and just blinking _ 

now there is no desktop just a window from combofix with a blinking line, what should i do?

its like this for an hour already

anyone can help?

Moderator note:  This topic has been reported to appropriate personale for assistance. ~ OB

Edited by Orange Blossom, 25 December 2013 - 01:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Auto99

Auto99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:34 PM

hi guys, ok i think i am ok now, i did a hard restart

then booted into windows normal, and everything was OK

so i launched another time combofix to make sure everything is ok now, and it finished i got back the results, and everything seems OK now, without any problems, so i guess its fixed for now, unless i will get another crash.

thank you all guys for your time, i really appreciate that.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,804 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:25 PM

Glad to hear you resolved your issue.

For future reference, please note at the top of the home page for this forum it states:

No DDS, OTL, HijackThis, or ComboFix logs should be posted in this forum.

I hope your holidays are merry. :thumbup2:

Edited by dc3, 25 December 2013 - 03:25 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,055 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:40 PM

There are circumstances ComboFix will hang, crash or stall at various stages due to malware interference, failure to disable other real-time protection tools or the presence of CD Emulators (Daemon Tools, Alchohol 120%, Astroburn, AnyDVD) so that it does not complete successfully. Also, depending on how badly a system is infected, ComboFix may take longer to complete its routine than it normally does or fail to run properly. While that is not normal behavior, it is not unusual. In such cases, it is helpful to know at what stage ComboFix stalled/crashed and to provide that information to the Helper who is assisting you so they can investigate.

This is one of the reasons why we recommend not to use ComboFix on your own (see here). There are risks involved and we would prefer it if someone who knows how to resovle any issues that may arise is supervising its use.

With that said, glad to here the computer is working normally now.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 Auto99

Auto99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:47 AM

hi, all.

and wish all of you a Happy New Year.

well, my PC was working fine, but i am still getting crashes randomly, so in basic combo fix did not fixed my problem.

now i inspected the Dump file, and i got IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and caused by driver tcpip.sys, and i am having 4 files highlighted which are 

aswTdi.sys = avast! Antivirus

bckd.sys = K9 Web Protection

ntoskrnl.exe

tcpip.sys

now my question is, any help on this?

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,055 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:58 PM

Please follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide For Requesting Help starting at Step 6.
When you have done that, start a new topic and post the required logs to include your ComboFix log in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team Experts.
-- ComboFix logs are not permitted in this forum.

After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can closed this one.

#7 Auto99

Auto99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

thanks quietman7 for your reply and guidance, i am new to the form, so i appreciate your help on this.

i opened another thread with the dds file here is the link

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519267/computer-crash-randomly/

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,055 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

You're welcome.

Now that your log is posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Response Team member...nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log(s) you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process or make things worst which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the Malware Response Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response because the Malware Response Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have posted your log and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your post or make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the Malware Response Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another Malware Response Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, please follow Step One and CLICK the link so it will report your topic to the team members.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users