Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Crashes /w White Screens!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 alien_fx_fiend

alien_fx_fiend

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:40 PM

My computer crashes randomly and frequently, it becomes totally frozen and the monitor displays weird lines and stuff.. It's a fairly advanced pc /w a ati radeon/realtek/3 ghz/500 gb hdd so i reckon it's worth saving. I can't tell why it's crashing (it's been to the store where they replaced the Power Supply but to no avail it crashes a lot and i get beep codes, it's a real mess. Before my leg knocked the CPU (it was on the floor as I had no place for it (now it's on a seperate table), I think this corrupted the VGA as I heard the CPU make a whizzing sound. Also I knocked it while loading it in the van to take it to the store, and it dented it slightly. What could I do to fix it? Is it a Mobo prob or my monitor which is a cheapass old second-hand Samsung Samtron 55E Plus monitor since it was after this monitor that my comp first starting hanging. The big question is can it be repaired? Right now I can get it to load to the desktop but it freezes, it's been plagued /w probs; usb drive worm, drivers missing etc. Using this baby is high-maintenance, I'd buy a lappy but I need a desktop for games /w a 17" lcd and such.. What's your advice? I only have internet on my phone.

Edited by alien_fx_fiend, 25 December 2013 - 12:47 PM.

~The Worlds Deceit Has Raped My Soul, We Melt The Plastic People Down Then We Melt Their Plastic Town~

alien.PNG

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:01 PM

If you have onboard video, pull the card and use the onboard. Report if that helped.

#3 alien_fx_fiend

alien_fx_fiend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:46 AM

Yeah I think it's using onboard video but I'm not sure (I think the VGA card has been damaged), maybe the store removed my ati radeon and stole it I dunno. I've disassembled cpu's before but I'm careful /w this one (switched hdd's and stuff). Alright well I think I should call the technicians and tell them to remove the radeon card, I don't feel upto it. Anyway now it's using an Intel VGA card, that might be onboard, but I doubt it. I checked XFX ATI Radeon on Amazon and it costs ~67$, if it needs replacing, it'd have to wait. This is prolly my 5th comp now, I'd agree it's a prob /w the VGA cuz I got the whizzing sound when I knocked it, and the screen goes blurry lines and hangs. Okay well I'm using my phone for inet now..

~The Worlds Deceit Has Raped My Soul, We Melt The Plastic People Down Then We Melt Their Plastic Town~

alien.PNG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users