Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possiable Doa? need help asap

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jared1016

jared1016

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 PM

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:34 AM

Ok so igit my new parts for xmas (all new)
I assembled it together and flipped the swith on the back of the power supply the 1/O
Then all my fans would do a quarter turn, stop, then repeat
same with a green light on my graphics card
How can I fix this? (When I click the power button nothing happens)
also one or 2 of my standoffs I didnt tighten all the way)
And the screws were not tightened all the way
Specs:mb: asrock 880gm-le fx
Psu: cx 500 corsair
Graphics: asus hd 7770
Processor: amd fx 6350
case: raidmax atlas
ram:team vulcan
plz help asap this is my only xmas gift :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 goldfist

goldfist

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:34 AM

First things first... I assume you have built computers before and everything is correctly plugged in for motherboard power and soft power switch etc is on the correct pins etc. So in situations like this looking over your hardware list.....

I'd try to boot bare minimum:

Remove video card and attach monitor to integrated VGA or DVI port. Then attempt boot. Do you get same results or does it boot now?

If it now boots with no problems then there is 1 of 3 possible problems: Power Supply is too weak for video card + rest of system load, ( or ) video card is bad, ( or ) the video card requires molex power and it is not powered off the 12V molex power.

If it still doesnt boot disconnect power to SATA drives and try to boot with just the motherboard powered off PSU and keyboard attached and monitor to VGA or DVI and report back with findings.

*Just a note, but building this system, I would have gone with a 650watt PSU vs a 500watt. As for 500 watts is just about bare minimum for this build. The FX CPU is power hungry 125watts and then you have the rest of the system load of drives etc + video card that also is power hungry. You might find yourself upgrading this PSU sooner than later. But with video card removed it should boot fine on 500 watts of PSU.

Edited by goldfist, 27 December 2013 - 02:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users