Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 install problem - HP m7-1015dx Laptop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BigDan8

BigDan8

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 25 December 2013 - 05:14 AM

I recently bought this laptop off of someone from ebay and it came with the OS already loaded...the person just deleted their stuff but it was kinda sluggish so I opted to reformat it. I load up the Windows 7 Professional install and deleted all the partitions and made a new one. Then it installs, then restarts to complete installation and then it ends up giving me the error "Windows setup could not configure windows to run on this computer's hardware" I don't know what to do, can anyone help?

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 25 December 2013 - 05:35 AM

Hi Dan-

I hope that you are installing the same media that was previously installed !

From Microsoft - Please read support.microsoft.com/kb/2466753

Windows Setup could not configure Windows on this computer's hardware

Scroll down to + RESOLUTION and open the guidelines - Read from there........

To help resolve this issue and install Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 on your computer, follow these steps. Method 1 is the easiest and preferred method. If you cannot complete method 1, try method 2.
Method 1: Download the appropriate drivers for your hard disk drive ........................

See how you go -

Thank You -

#3 BigDan8

BigDan8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 25 December 2013 - 05:39 AM

Yes, I'm installing Windows 7 Professional. I've already done all of that and it still does it. If it was a driver problem, would it not show the partitions in the where do you want to install windows page?

As far as method 2 goes, there are no options to edit those hard drive settings in the BIOS.

What can I do?

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:26 AM

Try and find if there is a "F" Key with a way to repair / reinstall the system.

On your model I am not quite sure what F key to use, so I will wait for someone else to add that solution -

Regards -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users