Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Belkin N150 Router Help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ryrhino

ryrhino

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:53 PM

Hello,

I am not able to connect to the internet using Belkin N150 Router.  I have been able to connect in the past.  The router light is solid orange color instead of blue.  In the system tray pop up says Wireless hardware cannot be detected on your computer and may have been turned off. Click to learn how to turn your wireless radio on.  I have never had wireless radio.
I have pressed the reset button on the router numerous times.  When I do so the light turns blue for a few seconds then turns orange.  I have also unplugged and replugged in the router but that does not solve the issue.  
I am able to connect to the internet without the router.  
I do not know the age of the router it was given to me as a gift.
I also do not know the router user name and password if I need to reinstall the software.
Seems when I have installed firewalls I have connection issues.  I am not sure if that has to do with the router or if that is a different issue.  
Please tell me how to resolve this issue.  Is the router no longer any good or is this another issue?
Vista is my OS.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,427 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:27 PM

When you reset the router all your settings went to default. Type 192.168.2.1 in the address bar of your browser. The password should be blank. According to the manual I saw, a solid orange light means it is not connected to the internet. Can you connect to the internet when the modem is connected directly to the computer and not through your router?

#3 ryrhino

ryrhino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

I connect to the internet using an ethernet port on my computer.  I do not have an external modem.

Yes I am able to connect to the internet without using the router.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,427 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

Do you use a cable modem or dsl modem to connect to the internet. You say you do not have an external modem.

#5 ryrhino

ryrhino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:45 PM

I have broadband internet connection.  I am not sure how it is connected.  I have a satalite type dish on my roof and it connects through a splitter and then on my ethernet port.  I just know I don't have an external modem.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,427 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

I am not familiar with a satallite setup. You could try to run the setup software again. Did you try accessing your router using 192.168.2.1? Belkin shows 3 different n150 routers on their website in the support section so I am not sure which is yours.

#7 ryrhino

ryrhino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

Router model is F9K1001V4

Internet signal I think is recieved though the dish on the roof but it is not satillite internet as far as I know.

According to the users guide solid orange/amber light means no signal.

Edited by ryrhino, 24 December 2013 - 09:33 PM.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,427 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:46 AM

I am not sure how your ISP handles the internet. Do they use Dynamic or Static IP's. You may have to call them and get the information so you can put that into the router. Since you reset the router, you can try and run the setup utility again and see if that helps.

Some info may help. Plug the modem or ethernet cable into your computer. In an admin account get to a command window and type:

ipconfig /all

What is the info for the ipv4 address, Subnet Mask,Default Gateway, and DHCP Server under Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection? Also, what is listed after DHCP Enabled. Does it say yes or no?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users