Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't reopen specific windows from taskbar.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Sir_Furious

Sir_Furious

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

In a situation where I have a grouped set of windows (Chrome, Skype, EtC.) and have to minimize any of them, it's a hassle to open them again. I can get windows to open the previews by clicking on the group, but anything within the previews won't work. Right click closes previews. Left click closes previews.

Mind you, I can still get to them. Alt+Tab works, as does Super+Tab. It's just annoying to always have to go that way, especially as I'm using two monitors and have my taskbar on the one that makes it less obtrusive.

I can temporarily fix the problem by restarting, but it takes forever, and I just simple don't like having to restart. I will every once in a while, but again, it doesn't fix the problem. It just delays it.

The only potential cause I can figure out is when I do have to close chrome, I tend to do it by ending the task. This ensures I can recover my tabs that I had open. I don't know if this is the cause, but it's the only thing that seems potentially related, simply due to it being done in relative close proximity to the problem showing up.

I've tried restarting the desktop management system (DWM), changing themes, disabling and reenabling grouping. Nothing is fixing it.

Again, I can get by without it... it's just a major annoyance, and a block to productivity.

Also, if it's a single window, clicking on the task bar icon opens the windows. Once it's a group, then I'm screwed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users