Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very Choppy Video Played In Browsers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 monkeybastard

monkeybastard

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:53 PM

Hello,

I need some help please. Video streamed through any of the browsers (Firefox/Chrome/IE) I am using is very choppy and/or lags. I suspect this could be a video card issue as I have made countless attempts to solve this by changing browser settings with no improvements.

Something I have noticed that might be useful information is that the CPU usage spikes to 100% anytime a video is loaded in the browser.

I am using Windows XP.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

try here:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5459115_increase-file-size-windows-xp.html

#3 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:33 PM

How about some system specs?  If you have an older single core CPU, welcome to the  modern world. 

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#4 monkeybastard

monkeybastard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:32 AM

According to the articles it is set up correctly. The system has 960 MB of RAM and the filze size is set to minimum 1440 and max 2880 as recommended in the articles.

I experimented by changing the values and the performance while watching videos did not change.

#5 monkeybastard

monkeybastard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:33 AM

How about some system specs?  If you have an older single core CPU, welcome to the  modern world. 

AMD Sempron

3100+

1.8 GHz, 960 MB of RAM

Windows XP

#6 monkeybastard

monkeybastard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:58 AM

I feel I may have narrowed this down to the flash player and plug in using all the comuter resources. I tried downgrading to 10.3 which was a definite improvement, SD videos are playing much smoother and CPU usage is much lower but HD videos still spike CPU usage and run choppy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users