Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer won't boot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 10pin

10pin

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:31 AM

Every three days when I try to boot my compter it won't unless I blow it out, It just wines but will not boot.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

What is the make and model of this computer?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 10pin

10pin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:17 PM

It's a Dell Vostro 200

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

This is a desktop, you should be able to open the case and blow out everything with canned air.

Before you touch anything on the inside of the case be sure the computer is off and unplugged.  Before touching anything inside you need to touch the metal of the case to discharge any static electricity from your body.  This can kill board components. 

Pay particular attention to the heat sink and fan on the CPU.  I would suggest placing a finger inside the blade to keep it from spinning while you blow it out.  If the heat sink has caked dust you may want to use Q-tips to clean it out.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users