Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

usb device not detected

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tunir

tunir

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:08 AM

whenever i connect external hard drive or pen drives to my laptop ,at first it detects and installs the software correctly,but after i remove it and reenter it it does not shows any usb device.

on opening the device manager the usb device with name "usb root access" shows yellow icon with some sort of error.

after uninstaliing the driver an restarting the laptop it again works nicely but again the same problem.

pls tell me how to solve this.

my laptop is http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=uk&lc=en&docname=c03587885

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:24 AM

Possible that your USB chipset is bad, and you need to send the unit off to HP for Motherboard replacement.  What is showing up in Administrative tools > Event Viewer?  If you want to spend $50, you can get the Passmark USB loopback tester and software, but really not worth it in my view.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,713 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:38 PM

Open the Device Manager and scroll down to the Universal Serial Bus Controllers, since there is a yellow warning icon the tree should already be expanded.  If it is not click on the diamond to the left of the USB icon to expand the tree.  Place the pointer on the item with the yellow warning icon and double click on it.  You should see a image similar to the one below, but yours should have the yellow warning icon.

ausbcontroller_zpscc926be0.png

I would like for you to use the snipping tool to create an image of this and then post it as an attachment.  I have instructions posted below.

Please use the Snipping Tool to copy the image, you can find this tool in Accessories under All Programs.   After you have the image you will want to go to File and click on Save As, Pictures will open with this image, when it opens give it a name and click on save .

Using the Snipping Tool to copy an image. 

To open the Snipping tool click on the Start orb startorb_zps06e1f985.png, then type snipping tool in the search box.  Snipping Tool will appear above the search box, right click on it and choose Run as administrator.  

Before you open the Snipping Tool have the image you want to copy one the destop, then open the Snipping Tool.

A small white cross (+) will appear on the screen, move this to the lower left corner of the image you want to copy, press and hold the mouse and slowly move it to the right and upwards.  You will see a red rectangle form around the image, when you have the image isolated that you want, release the mouse.  

After you have the image you will go to File and click on Save As, Pictures will open with this image, when it opens give it a name then click on Save.    

You can post this image in your next post.  Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options

Post2_zpsf05c0430.png

When you click on More Relpy Options  you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you made with the Snipping Tool, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

BCreply1_zpsc36d42fc.png

Edited by dc3, 24 December 2013 - 01:42 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users