Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

is this a good computer build to buy?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wizardfire

wizardfire

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:25 AM

i am looking to buy this computer but not sure if its a good one and will i need to upgrade anything or is it good...?

bulldozer 6 core @ 4ghz
8 gb ddr 3 1600 2*4gb  sticks 9 9 9 24
1tb hardrive 3.5"
gtx 660ti kfa2 overclock verson (with dual fan ) high end and made for overclocking
powercool 650w + 80 psu
coolermaster tx3 cooler cpu cooler
zalmam micro atx case
overclocking motherboard 
external bluray and dvd r drive (usb) 

i will need to know in the next 10 hours or so please..

regards

wayne

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 goldfist

goldfist

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:46 PM

Even though its way past the 10 hr request. If it is what you need for your application and priced ok, then it looks like a good build to me. Although I have 2 suggestions. I would go with a different power supply lik ethe Corsair 750watt and  I would get the 8-core instead of the 6-core to have the extra processing power if you can afford to, and this will avoid an upgrade later for further processing power out of an aging build say 4 or 5 years from now. I have plans for a AMD FX-8350 for my newest build, but am waiting for the price to drop on the CPU, but it has been holding steady at the $180-$200 mark for almost 9 months. Currently getting by with a Athlon II x4 620 - 2600Mhz quadcore which is plenty of processing power for games I play, but will be nice to max out the gaming build with that CPU into the Socket AM3+ motherboard someday.

Edited by goldfist, 03 January 2014 - 06:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users