Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to remove file encryption through recovery console x:/windows/system32>

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 azhieree

azhieree

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:15 AM

This topic is in relation to my booting problem stated in another topic:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518205/windows-7-do-not-load-microsoft-6to4-adapters-thus-preventing-system-to-startup/?p=3239584#entry323958 4

As i mentioned there, i have already tried almost the features of advance boot recovery method but still no good for my system.

The last suggested reply in that topic is to run repair with installation disk. However, because im with my phone only and having bad mobile internet speed, im still downloading the iso. ill bet it will be finished after new year.

So while waiting.. i keep on retrying to restore.
I remember, i have exported whole copy of my registry just a month ago. Its size property is more than 300 mb.

But there is always a however that follows. I did intentionally saved it on a folder which i have encrypted via its properties. Now im feeling frustrated because i cant acccess the file, copy or be used it by the recovery options.

The system restore automatically detected the said registry backup but always failing to use it because it has been encrypted. The actual error that i encountered tells me that it failed because disk has been damaged but actually its not... It just cant access its contents.

Now, im thinking if anyone here knows how can i decrypt/unencrypt its file property so i would be able to use it. It would be a big help for me and so christmas will be many many merry again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 azhieree

azhieree
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:24 AM

sorry... typo... the topic subject should be "How to remove file encryption through recovery console"

Fixed - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 24 December 2013 - 05:11 PM.

#3 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:43 AM

Question is what encryption program is used? I am assuming you're talking about Windows EFS (Encrypting File System). You use the cipher command. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771346.aspx

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,896 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:46 AM

FWIW:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/encrypt-decrypt-folder-file#1TC=windows-7

Louis

#5 azhieree

azhieree
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:56 AM

Thank you for the good information though it does not work for me. Typing cipher code itself is not accepted by the command prompt because it says its not an internal or external command (something like that).

i think in my opinion it will not really work for me since i am not fully login as an administrator. On my case, windows 7 isnt yet loaded and i am only prompt to login on choosing the advance boot option enabling me to use the command prompt. Thus, i can only use x:/windows/system32.... and will never enable me to change directory directly with my user account not unless i can properly boot either on safe mode or normal mode.

That cipher idea is just perfect but now i cant use. In case you know how can i convert that for it to be recognized, then please let me know.

Thank you and merry xmas to everyone here.

#6 azhieree

azhieree
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2013 - 05:12 AM

@technonymous,

there's no other program that i used on encryptingthe files. I have done it via left clicking on parent directory folder then advance property , check the checkbox for encrypt folder and subdirectories...I thought doing it is bit wise but now since my pc acts like crazy, its now sumthing to be ignored..

#7 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:44 AM

The thing is when you encrypt the file you need to backup the important certificate/key to match it. If you have the keys you can tranfer everything to a new machine and decrypt the file. A little info on it http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-encrypted-files-recovery-certificate#1TC=windows-7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users