Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Avg Free Or Panda?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 U R Insan3

U R Insan3

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 06 May 2006 - 02:18 PM

I went to try and install Panda Internet Security, and it said it was incompatible with AVG Anti Virus and to uninstall AVG and retry installation.

Should I stick with AVG or switch over to panda?

AVG Free

Or

Panda Platinum Internet Security 2006
-TJB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 06 May 2006 - 02:21 PM

Based on personal experience, I would opt for AVG. I've used it for many years now, and it is very reliable and easy to use. I've never considered changing, as I've got no complaints with it.

Personally, I'd say- stick with AVG :thumbsup:

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 U R Insan3

U R Insan3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2006 - 02:25 PM

Ya, I've been using AVG for ages, but I've seen other people talking about Panda before so I wanted to hear about that.

Anyone here whos used both?
-TJB

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2006 - 05:26 PM

You should not have more than one Antivirus. There is no need for more than one at all. Doing so can slow down your computer.
Posted Image

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,195 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2006 - 05:55 PM

Scarlett is definately correct as to running only one AV, just to recomfirm.
Also AVG is free and many people her at BC use it. Panda which is an excellent AV program will cost about 30 USD a year.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 U R Insan3

U R Insan3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2006 - 06:05 PM

The version of Panda I have is free. Might be a trial though. I'm thinking about uninstalling AVG. Installing Panda and doing a scan. If it's trial I'll uninstall it after that and put AVG back on. If it's not trial I might keep it.
-TJB

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,195 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2006 - 06:13 PM

It probably is a trial. they have trial offers and they will allow you to freescan your PC from their site. I have their paid version. I only purchased it as I have trading software with a lot of financials and I wanted tech support. But you can get tech support here at BC. Now that I know a lot more about malware I will probably switch off when the time is right. But in all fairness to Panda ,Ireally like their product,it was better thanall the others I paid for in the past. In my humble opinion.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#8 U R Insan3

U R Insan3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2006 - 06:20 PM

Alright thanks. I'll uninstall AVG for now and try out panda and do a couple scans with that.
-TJB

#9 U R Insan3

U R Insan3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2006 - 09:51 PM

Panda detected some files that AVG didn't, I updated panda again, and am doing another scan. Once this is done I'm uninstalling it and putting AVG back on because it makes my computer incredibily slow on the boot up.
-TJB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users