Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Diamondata Infection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 wilejo

wilejo

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:57 AM

Hi, my computer's been affected by some sort of malware called Diamondata. Little scrolls with "shopping offers" will pop up in the top right corner of the screen, many words on websites have become hotlinks to spam websites, and sometimes when I click a link I'll be redirected to other spam websites.

I'm not entirely sure it's related, but when I'm watching youtube videos, every five seconds or so the video will stop for a second or two while the audio continues playing then jump to catch up with the audio, meaning it skips those parts of the video. Finally, when I use my keyboard to scroll down a page, the scroll bar tends to stop at intervals for no reason then start moving again, another skippy thing.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by hamluis, 24 December 2013 - 09:23 AM.
No logs, moved from MRL to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users