Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard, Mouse & Screen issue?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Xeferion

Xeferion

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:17 PM

I rebooted my PC just now, when it came back on, the keyboard didn't have any power but the screen and mouse worked fine. To try and fix my keyboard that didn't have power I rebooted it again, this time the screen & mouse didn't have any power but the keyboard had power. But the screen does have power because the power light is flashing. 

- I tried changing the USB ports, didn't work. 

-I tried taking out all cards, RAM, connections to motherboard etc. and reconnected them, it didn't work. 

- I took out the CMOS Battery and put it back didn't work. 

- Tried different screen cables, didn't work 

- I left my PC open with an external fan on it for about 45 mins and retried, didn't work. 

The same thing happened about a week ago, but I left the PC off and went out shopping, when I came back and tried again everything worked fine. 

When it happened back then, if I rebooted a few times the mouse would go on and the keyboard would lose power. If I rebooted the PC a few more times the keyboard would go on and the mouse would lose power etc. (the screen stayed off the whole time) But everything was back to normal when I came back until now. 

Please note there was no "beeping" sound. 

Can anyone tell me what might be causing this and how to fix it?? 

I don't know if it might be the motherboard that broke, but if it did, I assume it wouldn't just go back to normal last time it happened?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,016 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:14 PM

It would be useful to know something about your computer - mobo, CPU, RAM, O/S - it all helps.

Without more detailed information, I would be inclined to take this computer round to a friend's or colleagues and connect their mouse, keyboard and screen and see if the same problems occur. If they do, the problem is almost certainly with your computer.

If you can find an occasion when the screen and the keyboard power up I would consider going into 'Safe mode' (usually by tapping the 'F8' key while the BIOS screen is visible) and choosing 'Last good configuration' first and seeing what happens. If this doesn't sort it, next time try 'Windows repair' from 'Safe mode'

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users