Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Headphones Won't Work

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wemibelec90

wemibelec90

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 06 May 2006 - 10:48 AM

I recently posted a question involving my USB, headphone, and mic ports not working. I have fixed the USB and mic but I still cannot get the headphones to work.

I know that the headphones work. I also know that the headphone jack has power to it. It is just that no sound comes out of it.

P.S. It's on the front if that helps.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wemibelec90

wemibelec90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:51 AM

Anyone have any advice?

#3 just me

just me

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 07 May 2006 - 02:49 PM

I recently posted a question involving my USB, headphone, and mic ports not working. I have fixed the USB and mic ...

And didn't post a resolution that just may help others with a similar problem in the future.

#4 wemibelec90

wemibelec90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2006 - 05:01 PM

Ok then.

I went into my Device Manager and clicked on my USB hub. I then clicked on Update Driver and it began working.

Now, can someone help with my headphone problem?

#5 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 07 May 2006 - 06:06 PM

If anybody had an idea of what could be wrong, I'm sure they'd tell you. Personally, I can't think of much. But maybe you can try plugging into the back of your computer - maybe you have a sound card and your motherboard sound is disabled, leaving the headphone jack with nothing to do. The sound software isn't configured to the headphones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users