Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Found Source Of System Interrupts Slowing System

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 leftlink

leftlink

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:35 PM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/420407/system-interrupts-slowing-my-processor/ - Hamluis.

I have this issue too.
it appears someone was able to fix it by disabling a setting in their sound software from the system tray.
It makes sense that sound would slow the pc, but in safe mode it wouldn't slow it because sound is disabled.

Let me know if this works for you:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/system-interrupts-huge-cpu-usage/2197c025-b0b8-43f2-854b-72e576373607

Edited by hamluis, 21 December 2013 - 11:43 AM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 leftlink

leftlink
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:04 PM

I just fixed my system at last!

Another blue screen... seems like Usb might be causing it.. and my interrupts were using 24% of the core i5 processor prior to that.  I had saved a new Bios file which addresses a USB 3.0 bug for my motherboard so I just flashed the bios of my ASUS, going from version 213 to version 216. That should reduce the blue screens (I hope).  While doing this I noticed that the system was slightly overclocked so I bumped the "performance" setting down one notch to normal speed.

As soon as my system came back up I went into safe mode and removed the "High Definition Audio Device" by going into Device manager (right click on my computer, click device manager... right click on the device and uninstall).  Then I installed a brand new display driver from Intel which included the high definition audio. The availability display of the driver was discovered by using the Intel auto detect utility, here:
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?iid=subhdr+dnlds_detect

Then I restarted the system and crossed my fingers.

Amazingly, the problems with my computer which I have had for more than a year just went away. In process explorer, my CPU tlsage is 5 to 8% where it had been 50 to 90 percent!  The loud fan noise is gone as well.  I believe that a bad audio driver, and a USB conflict with the BIOS, combined to make my computer slow and unstable.  I had assumed it was malware but it looks like that was not the issue at all!

Edited by leftlink, 20 December 2013 - 09:06 PM.

#3 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:21 AM

Going to start and run and type msinfo32. It's a built in utility that has a wealth of info. See if there are any hardware and IRQ conflicts.

Edited by technonymous, 21 December 2013 - 03:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users