Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP G6 2005-AX fan speed too high

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 manmeetvirdi

manmeetvirdi

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:54 AM

Hi

I have G6 2005-AX. Fan is always running with full speed even when Iam simply browsing the internet. Have checked the core temperature using HWMonitor and its shows Max/Min temperature as 92/79 degree Celsius. Laptop is out of warranty. Iam running Windows 8.1 64 bit OS. 

When I keep my hand near air vent-let the air isn't hot ! What can be the problem? How shall I proceed to rectify this problem. 

Regards

Manmeet

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

Have you tried blowing out the vents with canned air?  If you haven't, you should.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 goldfist

goldfist

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:34 PM

If blowing out dust doesnt cure this...

I have seen similar problems with laptops when you have a heatpipe the cracked and leaked (evaporated) out the heat exchanging liquid, as well as when the bond between heatsink and the processor drys up and the thermal bold is lost to transfer the heat away from the processor. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_pipe

First step I'd do is replace the bond with thermal compound such as arctic silver, just 1 small drop is enough to make the bond between heatsink and processor as well as GPU and anything else that this heatpipe assembly cools. You will want to clean off the old thermal compound first so that you have a good thermal bond between surfaces. Heat should be drawn away from the processor and GPU or else the heat pipe is junk and needs to be replaced.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

Let's try the canned air first since it is much simpler.  Replacing the thermal compound and/or the heat pipe entails a lot of disassembly.  :thumbup2:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 manmeetvirdi

manmeetvirdi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:51 AM

Thanks Guys

Gonna do some blowing !

Merry Christmas !

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:23 AM

Merry Christmas to you and yours. :santa:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users