Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My newly built system won't turn on

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tiresomehoopla

Tiresomehoopla

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:07 AM

I did check that thread that all other people with this problem are referred to, tried all the solutions, none of them worked. The problem is, that once (ONLY once) the computer did start up,  this was without the graphics card installed.

This also came after the realization which made me feel stupid that I had my power supply switched off. (Which I obviously turned on) Well it worked once, so I reinstalled my graphics card, put on the side panel, and hooked it up to a monitor, pressed power...Nothing.

I'd really apreciate some help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:44 AM

Does it turn on without the graphics card in then?

Does it power on at all (like do fans turn for a fraction of a second before immediately shutting off) or is it effectively 'dead'.

7sbvuf-6.png

#3 Felipe2237

Felipe2237

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:39 PM

Unplug the RAM, GPU, and all other peripherals. The motherboard should have come with a speaker if not OEM, plug it in and see if it beeps. If it does then you know the motherboard and PSU are not the offenders.

Unofficial iOS Genius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users