Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recommendations for Step by Step Checkout Website.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 petru

petru

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:13 AM

Hey, 

Not sure if this part of the forum is very active or not. 
But I'm looking at creating a new website for a "Paint your Photo" type business. 

I'd like to have a simple system that kinda works like this:
Upload Photo > Choose Size and other options > Make Paypal Payment. 

Something that looks kinda modern and something that uses Ajax would be great too. 
Basically a big box with a next button then takes you through all the steps. 

Gravity Forms for Wordpress was an option but it costs $200 for the developer version that I need to integrate PayPal with. 
So if there is another wordpress theme or plugin that kinda works the way this does that isn't too expensive I'd give it a go. 

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:09 AM

A 'Paint you Photo' business, as in the client uploads a photo, chooses some options, and you are going to create a physical painting based on that? Just trying to understand the scope of the business, but in general, what you want to do is not hard, nor odes it really require Wordpress. At any rate, the single user version is $39, you should maybe consider if you can swing that.

Do you have web hosting? Hosting providers often provide site builder tools to make simple sites for free. That may be a better option here. A web site that simply allows uploads and payments is fairly routine.

#3 petru

petru
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:21 AM

A 'Paint you Photo' business, as in the client uploads a photo, chooses some options, and you are going to create a physical painting based on that? Just trying to understand the scope of the business, but in general, what you want to do is not hard, nor odes it really require Wordpress. At any rate, the single user version is $39, you should maybe consider if you can swing that.

Do you have web hosting? Hosting providers often provide site builder tools to make simple sites for free. That may be a better option here. A web site that simply allows uploads and payments is fairly routine.

Thanks for your reply Groovicus. 

The original message made it sound Like the website is for myself, But it isn't. 
I've been asked to create the site for a Client, Who only really has a budget of about $300. 
I've recently told him to come back when he has more funds, But the whole idea was to Use Gravity Forms, which is $200 for a dev Licence, Which includes Paypal Integration and all the features he needs.

The reason I'd like to do it on Wordpress is because our business offers free technical support, And it's generally easier to build as much as we can on wordpress as it is easy for them to update. 
otherwise we'd be receiving a lot of update requests.  

Any Platform will be fine, But Wordpress is preferred. 

If you have any Ideas, Feel free to share. 

The whole concept is basically a 3 or 4 step website. 
on the home page will be details and blah blah. then something like a "Get Started" Button. From there it will take you to the system which will ask you to upload a photo. then click next. select how many people or pets are in the image. Click next > select what type of painting you'd like, eg, Oil Painting, Add any notes you'd like to add. Click next, Make Payment. and submit. 

The owners would then receive the image and they will Hand Paint it and ship it too them. 

(Contact Details would have to be in that process too at some stage ) 

But thats the whole concept, It's quite simple with Gravity Forms but as I said the client cant afford the extra, So if there is something else that you know of that will also look Modern. Let me know :)

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:39 AM

I do have some ideas. First, I think using Wordpress as the foundation is overkill, and in this case, some weird vulnerability in the Wordpress app may end up being a liability for the client. This is a dead simple app that should only span a few files. Well, if you have never done anything like this then it is a bit more of a challenge, but only just a bit. Integrating a shopping cart (whichever one you end up choosing) is not hard, but it does take a bit to work it out. Plus you still have to work out how to notify the owners, and probably an email system for validating details and order updates.

This can be accomplished with plain old html and css, and using jquery and/or knockout in a single page app pretty quickly.

As far as what 'looks' good, that is subjective. 'Modern' is pretty general. Have your clients, who I assume are artists, given you ideas on how the app should look?

#5 SusanWhite

SusanWhite

• Banned Spammer
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

The idea is great and simple to implement. You can upload image using HTML5 and jquery through AJAX. It will also not cost you anything, you would get lots of ready made code on internet. I would recommend not to go with WP for such small requirement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users