Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

JAVA again ??

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jziggyp

jziggyp

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:48 AM

It appears JAVA 7 U45 will not work on certain browsers even though they are enabled in the java console and browser settings ..

It works using internet explorer on one site but not on another site . I have uninstalled and installed several time using the JAVA trouble shooting page .. If I reinstall JAVA 6 U45 it works on all my browsers .. Anyone have an answer to fixing this and keeping the 7 U45 since it is suppose to be more secure and updated .. I have both the 64 and 32 bit versions installed.

Edited by hamluis, 23 December 2013 - 02:44 PM.
Moved from Vista to Web Browsing, Email, etc. - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jziggyp

jziggyp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:29 PM

Still searching for answers on this ...

I downloaded the 7 u45 java again , both 32 and 64 bit versions .... This time I get an error message ; getdefaultbrowsererror2 ??????

I decided to go to the   SET DEFAULT PROGRAMS on my computer ... I get an error there when I click on all the listed browsers ; ERROR CODE 80070483  ?????

Other programs listed do not give me any errors !

Is there a way to fix this and what is the cause of these errors ??

#3 jziggyp

jziggyp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:46 PM

I am completely out of options and pateints with trying to figure this out ... Nothing I find on the web search has the answer , but it appears to NOT be uncommon .. I guess JAVA and their lack of security in their JAVA has made browser safety obsolete ... Is their another peogram that eliminates JAVA completly , Yet makes the sites that require it to open ??? Or has JAVA and their lack of secure programs forcing my computer to be a frisbie for the pond ??

Edited by jziggyp, 23 December 2013 - 09:47 PM.

#4 jziggyp

jziggyp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

WOW ! Finally got it ! At least it appears so since I can now access the sites that I needed to access .   This problem has been a real POS since JAVA went to the JAVA 7 and Secunia ran the update and Kaboom went JAVA ever since . I always had to take it back to the JAVA 6 u45 for it to work in my browsers . I tried everything I could find and more to no avail for a long time , No one had the answer to this on the web . It appears that it has been a problem to a bunch of people reading other Forums....      OK enough ; This is all I did to get the JAVA 7 u45 to work. I went to the JAVA.com download page and clicked to change the destination folder for the download.  I made a new folder and named it . Clicked and ran the download and restarted the browser .. BINGO !! the proper JAVA was listed . I had to also go to the JAVA Console and enable it for browsers and enable it for Firefox ..I uninstalled the JAVA 6 u45 using the windows uninstall a program in the Control Panel . Tested it and as of this moment everything is good .. The only thing that bothers me is that even java 7 U45 is shown as vulnerable  :( ....

Edited by jziggyp, 25 December 2013 - 08:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users