Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Triple Monitor Setup Problems Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SeanTempleton

SeanTempleton

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:25 AM

Hello everyone, Glad I Found this forum board to discuss a problem I am having with a new setup I have done. 

My single graphics card has 4 slots for 4 displays, I am running a triple monitor setup. All 3 monitors are in Nvidia surround, My graphics card is not really good enough to run most games in the 3 monitor setting but this is not the problem. All the monitors work fine, they are all new and working right now as I type this. The problem I have is when I go to play games in a 1920x1080 for one monitor, the other 2 go to standby mode. I want them to remain on at all times and I want to have my game on in the middle. I play league of legends and it plays in the middle monitor and my desktop is still available on the other 2 monitors, but other games do not allow me to do this for some reason. Another problem is, my 3rd monitor (display port to active hdmi adapter) will often cut off and cut on for some reason. Honestly these are minor issues, but I would like them fixed. I want to be able to keep all 3 monitors on while playing any game, and I would like to see if I can fix my 3rd monitor issue. 

Specs:

Asus 23.6 Inch Monitors x3

EVGA gtx 660 2gb graphics card.

Windows 8 

New system, good cpu etc, just monitor and hopefully fixable issues. Thanks! I can respond to other questions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:14 PM

I run into similar issues with my AMD Eyefinity setup, if you run the games in windowed mode then maximize on the middle screen that should leave the other two screens on.

as for the monitor cutting on and off that seems to be a common issue with the active adapters, I will get the occasional flicker on my 3rd screen (the one that uses the adapter) and also I almost always have screen tearing on that screen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users