Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

new build UEFI bios frozen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 helpful55

helpful55

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

I just put together this all new pc. ASUS F2A85-M/CSM Mobo. It first gave me a screen with the cpu and ram info. I hit F1 like it said and it goes to either the UEFI BIOS UTILITY - EZ Mode screen or one with a blank notification box. Mouse pointer and keyboard are dead. Can't go any further with everything frozen. ASUS had me r&r the cmos battery. They now tell me to disassemble everything and operate the Mobo outside the case, as it may be static electricity. I used a wrist strap and precautions. Do I really need to do this to fix possible static? Poop on me for expecting this to work like it should. Anyone have any help? This seems likely to be easy. Thanks. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 681 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:36 PM

Recommend the same: Set up the bare minimum -- Power Supply, Motherboard, CPU, CPU cooler, RAM, Video, Keyboard, Mouse and Monitor -- outside the case (on cardboard or other non-conductive material) and then power it up to see if it works.

#3 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:31 AM

Another reason for testing outside the case is to rule out the motherboard shorting on the case.  An incorrectly placed standoff for example can cause a system to be unbootable.

7sbvuf-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users