Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE11 will not load a Java enabled website

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 krazykat

krazykat

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

Hi,

I have a problem with a Java enabled website not “loading”. Here are the details.

I am using WIN7 Pro, IE11. I have both Java 32 bit and 64 bit, version 45 installed. The Java “test your installation” verifies the install is good, and there are no other Java versions installed.

I type the website URL and click enter.  The opening screen of the website briefly flashes and then I am redirected to the Oracle page:  http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/index.html.

There are no “error” messages displayed or other hints as to why the website does not load. I cannot find any “help” information on the Oracle page.  I have enabled the IE tools setting to allow Java, but without any error message I am at a loss on where to look.

Any suggestion on why IE refuses to load the website and how to fix?

Additional information.  I also have Firefox installed and the website will load in Firefox ( after changing several settings) after “accepting” Java might harm my computer. So I know the website is capable of opening and the Java install is OK (at least for Firefox).

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Felipe2237

Felipe2237

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

https://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp?detect=jre

This is the page you are visiting, I presume?

Unofficial iOS Genius

#3 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,482 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:05 AM

There is a Java control in Control Panel. Sometimes you have to change the view in Control Panel to see all of the icons in there. Open that and under security tab there is a check mark there to enable java for browsers. Also under advanced tab you can tick a check in there for which browser or both browsers...Firefox/IE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users