Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple Issues sound issues/delay

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Frazzled21oh

Frazzled21oh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:47 PM

I'm not sure if this is all part of the same problem but there are multiple things going on. On my laptop ( its an HP Pavilion DV6, with an intel core i3 CPU @ 2.20ghz, & 64 but operating system ) The only way i can get any sound to play is if I watch videos in my firefox browser. No sound will play when i use Chrome (which I prefer) or Itunes, or windows media player. The problem with watching videos in firefox is that there is about a 20 second delay before the video will play, and an error comes up to stop the plug in or continue. If you close out of that box the video will play but you will get the same delay every time it is paused and started again. Browsing in Chrome and playing videos from that browser there is absolutely no lag, its lightening fast, but you will not get any sound. Other simple programs ( Like solitaire) have the same lag, each card you click takes about 20 seconds for the move to actually take place. I've tried messing with my sound drivers to correct the audio issues but I am not sure if it is an audio issue, a flash player issue, or a combination. Any input?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users