Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express In Windows Me

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Barnsworth

Barnsworth

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 06 May 2006 - 08:38 AM

Hey everybody...My Outlook express will not delete e-mails some of the time. I have deleted it and re-installed it and then it will work for awhile then kaput back to the same old thing.

I have been over my pc for Malware and nothing found. Ran CCleaner, AdAware, ZoneAlarm and probably a few more so I doubt if I have a problem there. I am guessing a corrupt file? Seems like that would be odd to seeing I have re-installed it a couple of times...Any suggestions?

Thanks.

(Moderator edit: thread moved to more appropriate forum. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 06 May 2006 - 09:54 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 06 May 2006 - 09:28 AM

HI Barnsworth.
The deleted items folder, which is where your deleted emails go, has a size limitation.
Do you empty your deleted items folder on a regular basis?
If you do, the next time it happens, close OE and just delete the "Deleted Items.dbx" file via explorer instead of going through the uninstall-reinstall proccess. OE will automatically build a new one the next time you launch it. If the problem goes away, an item in the deleted items folder itself is most likely damaged or corrupted.
If you do not empty your deleted items folder regularly, on OE "Maintenance" tab in options, you can set it to do it automatically on exit if you like. Once your deleted items folder reaches it's capacity, it will no longer allow you to delete any more messages until you make room.

Edited by HitSquad, 06 May 2006 - 09:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users