Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing product key for Office 2007

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chowbaby

chowbaby

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:39 PM

A few months ago, I had to wipe my laptop due to a virus and used the recovery default setup to reinstall MS Op system 7. We never received the product key # for office 7 as the laptop was a demo off the shelf at BestBuy.  Please advise as to how I can troubleshoot this problem as our main concern is using MS Word for academia work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chowbaby

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,407 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

If you wiped the drive you're going to be out of luck.  You can try Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder, but I don't think you're going to have any success.

Edited by RKilroy, 20 December 2013 - 03:17 PM.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:18 PM

An alternative would be Open Office. Open Office Writer is comparable to Word. It will also open Word files and vice versa. .

Best part, it's free unlike MS Office which has to be purchased.

http://www.openoffice.org/

#4 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,499 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:24 AM

Belarc Adviser comes to mind. This program isn't used on bleepingcomputer.com probably due to the personal info it generates and shows all the cd keys and product keys it digs up. I have known of it for years. It will generate a HTML file locally with tons of info. It's mainly for personal use, (one on one) tech support, commercial IT support, DOD. It goes into great detail of how cyber secure a system is.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:27 AM

14 Free Product Key Finder Programs <- WinKeyFinder, Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder are very good

As noted above, if you use Belarc Advisor...after it creates a profile...scroll down to "Software Licenses" near the bottom. Be careful with the log it will create for the computer's profile. Belarc logs will show IPs, various product keys and serial numbers that should be kept private so don't post it.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users